Coronavirus Safety at Church
Mar 16, 2020
Our church has been monitoring the Coronavirus pandemic very closely. With the current environment in mind, we are modifying some of our practices to help limit exposure to the virus. We will be having a shortened service tomorrow and you are welcome to come if you take responsibility for your part. We will also be streaming the service on our Facebook page, for those of you who will not be attending. If you have any kind of symptoms, or you are in a high-risk demographic please do not come to church. You can watch it from home.
Those who need to stay home:
- Older adults (especially those over 80)
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions like:
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
Those who are attending services must be proactive about their hygiene.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds every chance you get.
- Make use of our hand sanitizing stations
- Do not shake hands with others
- Extend your personal space bubble to 6 feet whenever possible
At the church we have also taken steps to keep the space safe:
- The space has been sanitized with bleach especially the doorknobs and other surfaces that people regularly touch.
- Deacons will be opening doors for you so you won’t have to touch the doorknobs.
- Our communion preparation practices now include extra sterile procedures.
At the end of the day, the choice to attend church is yours. Please do not feel obligated to come if you are at risk or uncertain.